- Atlanta, GA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- Even though my house it small, it feels big to me. The space is very well laid out, and has great closet space and great outdoor areas for entertaining. I have high ceilings and get a lot of great natural light, and I love that the space has retained all of the original 1940s character.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Stick to light paint colors to brighten up your space, and keep the wall color consistent from room to room. Painting every room in a small space a different color breaks up the flow and makes it feel like a lot of small, disconnected rooms. Don't avoid white walls because you think they're boring. They provide a great canvas for showing off your artwork and other interesting pieces, and give your space a gallery feel.
2. Edit, edit, edit. This gets said a lot, but it is worth repeating. Keep only the things you absolutely love and your space will feel very well curated and reflect your personality.
3. Only keep the things you actually use; not the things you think you "need". That great juicer that you thought you would use every day, but has been sitting on a shelf collecting dust for the past year? Let it go.