After seeing the movie Moonrise Kingdom over the weekend, I was lusting after the retro set design from the 1960's. The idea of my dream kitchen is constantly evolving, but at the moment I would love to create a retro kitchen featuring all of the modern kitchen technologies that we have grown accustomed to.
1. Wallcolor: Sherwin-Williams Belize SW6945
2. Countertop: Butcher block is a very durable surface that can be re-finished for decades. Numerar Countertop in Birch, IKEA $169 for a 96" slab
3. Hardware: Mason pull in Satin Nickel, Restoration Hardware $15-20 depending on size
4. Cabinetry: Square recessed v-grooved beaded panel with white thermofoil finish. Kraftmaid
7. This sleek pedestal table was invented in 1956. Saarinen Round Dining Table, $ Design Within Reach
8. The Eames molded plastic chairs with wood legs in the kitchen dining area are a must to achieve the retro look. Design Within Reach
(Images: as credited above)