It may very well be that the secret to keeping your house perpetually clean is simply giving yourself constant access to the tools that will help you keep your home clean. But that doesn't always have to mean a bottle of bleach or some other cleaning chemical. There are five items — common, but not-always-considered-for-cleaning — that you can turn to in a pinch (or even on the regular!) when you've got cleaning tasks to tackle.
As shown with the post below, the sad little orphan socks you have lying around can actually be quite handy when it comes to cleaning time!
Vinegar has a surprisingly large amount of uses when it comes to cleaning, and it can help keep your home a little more healthy, too!
- How To Clean and Defog Bathroom Mirrors
- 10 Ways to Clean with Vinegar
- How To Clean Burnt Pots & Scorched Pans
- How To Clean a Humidifier
- 1,001 Uses for White Distilled Vinegar
- How To Clean Your Dishwasher
- From The Kitchn → How To Clean Stainless Steel Appliances with Vinegar and Oil
Made to clean your teeth, that's not the only thing around the house toothpaste can help you keep shiny.
- How to Remove Permanent Marker from Painted Walls
- How To Polish Silver with Toothpaste
- 5 Clever Uses For Toothpaste
- Use a Little Bit of Toothpaste to Wipe Away Small Scratches On Your Screen
Not just for flavoring dishes, salt and its nice gritty texture can help clean up around the house.
- Tip: Five More Uses for Salt
- How to Clean Stains from Wooden Cutting Boards
- How to Brighten and Clean Your Rugs Naturally
5. Olive oil
The base for many a delicious salad dressing, olive oil can also help out around the house when it comes to cleaning and polishing.