Cobalt blue and white is a combination that coordinates great with a variety of colors. Our inspiration photo shows it with light pink, adding depth and a strong graphic quality to an otherwise softly tranquil room. In addition to pink, cobalt blue and white also look great with green, yellow and red. A decor classic, examples of this beautiful combination have traveled the world in motifs from east Asia, the middle east and western Europe.
My favorite pairings of our color inspiration are with mint green and aqua. Pairing it with yellow is a European classic. Whichever color you choose, you can't go wrong with cobalt blue and white.
Shown above from left to right:
1. Cobalt Blue and Pink Inspiration Room, HGTV Pure Design with Samantha Pynn, photographed by Virginia Macdonald
2. Ginger Jar Pair (Vintage), $38.00 from The Moth Collector
3. Ceramics Blues Ball S/6 3"d, $33.98 from Bombay Jewel
4. 18" Vintage Chinoiserie Decorative Pillow, $40.00 from Fancy Pants Pillows
5. Vintage EIT Ltd Blue and White Ceramic Teacups From England, $13.00 from The Island Bunny's Attic
(Images: As credited above.)