Color Tip: Paint the Entryway
If you want to paint one or two bright walls, but you’re not sure where to go bold, we vote for the entryway. Click below to find out why…
- The entryway is the first thing people see when they enter your home. Color can make it an upbeat, welcoming space.
- Entryways are usually very small spaces without much furniture, so they can handle bold color better than a large, fully furnished room.
- If you’re unhappy with your color choice, repainting an entryway is a lot easier than redoing a large living room.
- The entryway is usually visible from other parts of your home. A glimpse of bold color will add interest to other rooms as well.
- Color helps to demarcate an entryway as its own room, rather than just an intermediate space.
How bold you go depends on how your entryway relates to the rest of your home. If your entryway opens up directly into your living room, you’ll have to consider more carefully how the color you choose relates to your overall scheme. If you’ve got a tiny hallway, you’ve got more freedom to go wild.
Photo: Amy’s Vintage-Modern Nest