Colorful Flooring: From Rugs to Rubber
When we think of adding color to a home, paint is usually the first thing that comes to mind, but walls aren’t the only places to set a mood. Floors are an often overlooked opportunity to create a color field under your feet…
It’s true that colorful floors usually involve a bigger commitment than painted walls, but the effect can be worth it. Different materials also involve different costs and installation requirements. Rugs and carpets are one of the simplest ways to add color to a floor, while tile takes a lot of work. Industrial materials like rubber can be installed by a contractor, while painted floors are a DIYable project.
• 1 Brightly Colored Tile: Emery & Cie
• 2 Painted Floors: Colorful Flooring by Architects Tham & Videgard Hansson
• 3 Colorful Carpet: Living Etc.
• 4 Field of Blue Tile: Kitchen Floor by Elmslie Osler
• 5 Rubber Flooring: London Urchin’s Fold-Out Jewel Box