Chilly rainy days are a fact of life for those of us in colder climates and during periods when darker days stretch on and on, it's easy to become a little restless. Sure, you can brave the weather, but most people have a tendency to want to nest inside. Instead of switching on the TV or breaking out the tablets, it could be the perfect time to get crafting...
In our best effort at heading off cabin fever before winter descends, here are a list of some of our favorite DIY ideas and projects. There are projects listed for every skill level.
- Tablet Case: There are many ways to make a tablet case whether you use a large moleskine, yarn, or fabric, however, for extra DIY bang for your buck, use material from old clothing to construct the case.
- Scrub Bot: Make a little robot out of old computer fans, this one is a great very kid-friendly project.
- Papercut Lamp: No need for electronics knowledge with this project just, cardstock, x-acto knife, glue, bulb and cord kit.
- Altoids Tin Mini Speakers: Turn a pair of old headphones into mini speakers with this simple project.
- Sparkleball: Another kid-friendly project, this one makes a light that is just perfect for the holidays.
- Light Bulb Bud Vase: A classic project that creates a fun and simple vase that makes for a great inexpensive gift.
- Tangle-free Headphones: Tired of your earbuds getting tangled? Grab some embroidery floss and get ready to relive your summer camp days with this project.
What small DIY projects are a big hit in your home on wintry days?
(Images: Joelle Alcaidinho)