Crafty Uses for Baby Food Jars
We were having a discussion with a neighbor the other day, and he mentioned he kept every single baby food jar from his daughter’s early days. Initially shocked that he kept them all, we quickly understood why. He said he uses them to hold all kinds of things such as nails and screws to spices and loose change. That got us thinking that, similar to Trent’s 10 Simple Uses for Spaghetti Jars, baby jars can be re-used for a lot of things, just on a smaller scale.
- Seed Storage: Save seeds from the plants in your garden. Add a label with a picture of the plant for easy identification.
- Plant Starter: Fill jar with dirt and small plant, or use a plant clipping and fill jar with water.
- Craft/Workroom Organizer: Nail several jar lids to a shelf or wood plank. Fill jars with small odds and ends such as buttons, nails, nuts and bolts, etc – screw jars onto the lids. Good directions here.
- Store Spices: Make a spice rack, similar to workroom organizer idea above, or glue magnets on the bottom of the jars to make your own magnetic spice rack.
- Candle Holder: Fill jar with a tea light, or make your own candle by adding wax and a wick – directions here.
- Sewing Kit: Fill jar with buttons, safety pins, a thimble and small spool of thread. More directions at Craft Pudding.
- Bathroom Organizer: Use jar to hold toothbrushes, q-tips, cotton balls, tweezers, makeup brushes, etc.
- Food & Beverage Container (shocking!): We know plastic containers are bad, so use the jars to transport salad dressing or other condiments. Or use for cocktails or shot glasses.
Anyone else that saves their baby food jars for other purposes?