Create Your Own NES Stepping Stones
Spring is right around the corner and we’re absolutely itching to get outside. The warmer months are perfect for lugging the ol’ laptop outside and plopping down under the heat of the sun and getting work done. While we’re out there, we still like to stay connected to our geeky roots and thanks to Instructables — we found a great way to remember where we came from.
1. Remove the top half of the NES with a screw driver.
2. Remove the plastic posts that stick out with a dremel.
3. Make the NES top half water tight by using hot glue to seal up any holes.
4. Create a rectangular mold surrounding the NES. Fill the mold with a Flexmold from your local big box retailer, making sure to follow directions carefully.
5. Pour the cement. Follow directions carefully and you’ll have your very own NES stepping stones.
We absolutely love this idea and think these stepping stones would make a great addition to any outdoor walkway. The stones are easily recognizable to any NES lover but still modern looking enough to trick any novice into thinking they were just picked up from your local Home Depot!