Lately I've been finding myself in the craft doldrums; the spirit is willing, but the inspiration is weak. If you're feeling the same slump, here are some colorful, functional craft rooms to spark your creativity. And even if your creative spark is at an all-time high, who can resist some lovely spaces to keep those cogs turning?
In each of these rooms, originality meets function, and organization makes creative tasks more efficient.
• Debee of Inspire Lovely has created a bright, inviting studio, full of interesting nooks, inspired ideas, and creative organization methods. (I love the mismatched drawer knobs!)
• Handmade Jane has set up a clean, neat space with clearly designated areas for her sewing items.
• Heather Bailey's space provides easy access to materials and a walkaround crafting table, making it possible to work on projects from multiple angles.
• Christi from Hiya Papaya (via House of Turquoise) has energized her craft room with bright colors and graphic wallpaper, making it an inspiring place to work.
• Randi's wall-to-wall fabric storage is enough to make any crafter swoon, and her cheerful bunting keeps the mood light.
• Amanda of the Ivy Cottage Blog transformed her garage into a highly functional craft room, complete with a gigantic work table and ample storage space.
• Desirée's craft room is a light, bright, adorable space with multiple work surfaces and well-placed pops of color.
• Jenn from Clean and Scentsible majorly transformed this storage space, keeping the new design graphic and clean.
• Shauna and Stephen's craft room (as shown off in their AT house tour) is a color-coder and organizer's dream.
• The Tofu Studio makes the most of large surfaces, bright colors, and glass-fronted storage (which keeps pesky dust off craft materials).
• By using custom cabinetry and colorful storage boxes, Toby Fairley has created a vibrant craft space that is the epitome of neatness and cleanliness.
(Images: as linked above)