Crawling, flying, buzzing, humming insects and arachnids—those industrious summer creepers suspended midair in their spun homes, buried under the weight of a popcorn kernel, or belly-up after a fit of potato plant bliss. Insects practically own the summer, and while most people would prefer to just give 'em the land and keep the house, there are others who [intentionally, willingly, enthusiastically] invite them to the dinner table, in a manner of speaking (see photo 3). I salute these brave souls, and unapologetically admit that this totally creeps me out.
1. Framed paper thin cutout ants, limited edition for £79
1. Beetle Wallpaper from Porter Paints.
3. Laura Zindel dinnerware plate, $72. (She has a bunch of other creepy dishes if this plate excites you.)
4. The Invasion Tablecloth from etsy seller facesarefunny, $25
5. Linen stag beetle pillow from etsy seller flockhome, $54
Not exactly pro-insect? Check out these posts to bring down your blood pressure: