My first Style Cure post showed my workroom a few months after we moved in, looking all brand spankin' new and pretty. The photo above is from the same time period, just a different angle. I've gone back and forth about whether or not to share the REAL "before" photo with you, because it's deep down embarrassing like woah nelly, but — in order for you to truly understand the problems with this room — I am going to do it. But I might stall a few minutes and talk to you about commemorative coins or something because I am already cringing at the comments sure to follow, because I know you all and they're a-comin'.
- Massive, epic purge, getting rid of TONS of stuff. Anyone live in Saint Louis and want anything — anything at all? Chances are good I have it.
- Cleaning the entire room, and especially the window sills and baseboards, which have lots of dust.
- Re-painting the white floor, which hasn't been refreshed since we moved in and painted it the first time four years ago.
- Space planning to include distinct areas for projects (where I can be messy) and a functional desk (with a computer).
- Reupholstering the Scandinavian crack den sofa, which I got for free on Craigslist and has been lingering ever since, mocking me.
- Some general pretty-ifying, so it's a little warmer and more inviting, so I'll spend more time in there voluntarily.
(Images: Dabney Frake)