56 Small Habits To Keep You Happier at Home
What we want in life—for ourselves and our loved ones—could be summed up in one simple word but often elusive state: happiness.
The first step to attaining happiness is knowing that it won’t come knocking at your door or falling from the fateful skies. The second step is recognizing that it’s not just life’s big, momentous occasions (you know, the ones we don’t have full control over) that can make us happy. Little moments count a lot too.
If you do small things to bring yourself to a less stressful or more grateful place, you’ll harness the power—little by little and instance by instance—to paint your life with a sunnier hue.
Here are some simple, happiness-boosting things you can do at home every day:
With Your Body
If You Feel Like Getting Stuff Done
First Thing In the Morning
To Make Sure You Get a Good Sleep
For A Little Pampering
In Your Surroundings
To Connect With Others
- Perform at least one small act of kindness.
- Pet an animal.
- Give your partner/child a ten-second hug.
- Give someone a compliment.
- Give your full, undivided attention to someone.
- Thank someone for something specific.
- Smile at a stranger.
- Make eye contact with someone you love.
- Text someone.
- Assume others are doing the best they can.