- New York, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love that my interior style is the complete opposite of my personal style. My personal style is mostly black with a bit of a rocker edge. Before I started putting the space together I thought about how I wanted to feel everyday. Tranquil, creative, and surrounded by beauty and from this process I landed on a white, bright, feminine space. My biggest challenge has been two careers that require me to have a lot of belongings, working in fashion and being an artist. It took some time but I made sure everything had a home and anything that didn't I got rid of. Living in a small space has been a learning experience in identifying the things that are truly important to me and how to create a functional and happy space.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Details are everything. I splurged on the small things, like crystal tie backs for my curtains.
2. Try to stay organized. Throwing out things I don't need, putting cloths back in the closet and just keeping things generally tidy makes a world of difference.
3. Only surround yourself with things you love. When I moved into my apartment I did a major purge. It was scary at first but after I felt amazing. I only had the things I truly cared about and honestly I don't even remember what I got rid of.