- New York, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love everything about my small home! The view over the trees to the river, the wonderful neighbors and neighborhood, the way the light floods in in the afternoon, the gorgeous old fireplace.
Having moved here from Australia I also love having (just) enough room to welcome friends and family from back home.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- - Use pretty storage to hide boring things in plain sight: a lovely big basket in my living room stores a giant bag of dog food!
- Keep things tidy and allow for 'white space' - not every surface has to be covered, leaving some empty areas makes everything feel more spacious overall
- Take your time and think carefully about what you want in your space. It's worth waiting and investing in the right pieces.
Apartment Therapy supports our readers with carefully chosen product recommendations to improve life at home. You support us through our independently chosen links, many of which earn us a commission.