- Brooklyn, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love that it feels like HOME. I have taken great pride and a ton of enjoyment in filling it with the things that make me feel comfortable, pampered and loved. To me, that is key to creating a home. It feels like me. It feels rich, but still comfortable. My mother once told me that a small space could go from shoebox to jewel box if you only choose those things that you love. I have done exactly that.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Take your time! Don’t do it all in a weekend. The joy of decorating is finding those special pieces that find a space within your home. They can be collected during a vacation or a random shopping trip. Otherwise, you might end up with a showroom look that doesn’t speak to your own personal taste
2. Treat yo’ self! Sometimes it is ok to buy a $400 pillow. If it is of quality and speaks to you, it is worth it! And, if of quality, it will last forever!
3. Get a gay friend. They will always point you in the right direction, tell you honestly that vase is hideous, and force you to spend money in order to create a space that is worthy of a spread on Apartment Therapy…which is the main goal, right?
Apartment Therapy supports our readers with carefully chosen product recommendations to improve life at home. You support us through our independently chosen links, many of which earn us a commission.