- Brooklyn, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love that it feels like HOME. I have taken great pride and a ton of enjoyment in filling it with the things that make me feel comfortable, pampered and loved. To me, that is key to creating a home. It feels like me. It feels rich, but still comfortable. My mother once told me that a small space could go from shoebox to jewel box if you only choose those things that you love. I have done exactly that.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Take your time! Don’t do it all in a weekend. The joy of decorating is finding those special pieces that find a space within your home. They can be collected during a vacation or a random shopping trip. Otherwise, you might end up with a showroom look that doesn’t speak to your own personal taste
2. Treat yo’ self! Sometimes it is ok to buy a $400 pillow. If it is of quality and speaks to you, it is worth it! And, if of quality, it will last forever!
3. Get a gay friend. They will always point you in the right direction, tell you honestly that vase is hideous, and force you to spend money in order to create a space that is worthy of a spread on Apartment Therapy…which is the main goal, right?