• Watch the short video above
• Read the full post & comment below
• 20/20 Cure Home Page: Signup & All Videos
Today we use our 20 minutes and take a scalpel to any collection that's turning into clutter - books, CD's, DVD's, you name it.
In addition, I've added a special feature to this day, a shout out to help me declutter my old record collection, which is/was my pride and joy. Completely intact since around 1990, this 400 record collection covers all of my musical passions from the 80's mainly. There's a lot of Elvis Costello, Paul McCartney and Squeeze, but it also veers into Duran Duran, Simon and Garfunkel, Bob Dylan and The Rolling Stones.
If you can give what has become clutter for me a good home and turn it back into a living collection, please submit below!
Quotes of the Day
I let go of a wedding dress! Whew! What a thrill it to mentally say "goodbye" ! :)
It seems that my problem with stuff is less of letting it go and more of loathing the placing of perfectly good items into the trash. Before I just cart everything to Goodwill, I'm giving my network first crack. I've identified over 300 books I'm willing to part ways with, with a goal of reducing my library by 125 books. I've also posted photos and descriptions of other items I don't use and don't need. I haven't set a numeric goal on that one, but I'm up to 17 items or matching pairs of items offered.
- Living With Books: Fitting a Library In Anywhere at Home
- How To: Catalog Books with Your iPhone
- Organizing and Cataloging Your Home Library
- Saving Space: Kids' Stuff on Hulu
- Storage Tip: Use a CD Rack
- How To Declutter Your Laundry Area
- Declutter Tech by Following the Rule of One
- Ripping Through a CD Collection
- Using Technology To Live With Less
- On Living Happily With Less Stuff