Name: Declan (1.5 years)
Location: San Diego, California
Since before Declan was born I had collected gifts from traveling family members. I really wanted to incorporate them into his room and make the theme a mix of worldly and eclectic with an organic feel to it. I know it's a lot to throw in the mix, but overall I think I achieved that.
Since there is a lot of color in his souvenirs/books/toys, I kept the furniture and bed linens neutral. The one challenge I had was the overly colorful circus tent from IKEA. He loves it so much, but I hated the colors; so I simply covered it with muslin material. It was such a simple fix and I love how it blends in now.
My favorite piece in his room (okay, two) is the coffee sack with the soccer ball and his alpaca rug from Peru. I hope to keep adding treasures from travels and that he keeps loving his room as much as he does now.
- Bed: TARVA by IKEA
- Comforter: IKEA
- Stripe throw blanket: IKEA
- Throw pillows: IKEA
- Changing table: IKEA
- Dresser: RAST by IKEA
- Toy organizer: hand-me-down; stained/painted.
- Basket w/chalkboard: Target
- Basket w/blankets: World Market
- Play Tent: IKEA
- Floor lamp: IKEA
- Crates (as bookshelves): Michael's (stained in Jacobean)
- Picture ledge: IKEA
- Chalkboard: gift - I painted yellow
- Wall shelf: IKEA
- World map poster: Amazon
- YAY wall banner: Etsy
- Hanging planter: IKEA
- Succulent: Trader Joe's
- Star night light lamp: from Mexico
- Animal figurines: gifts from Mexico/Latin America/South America
- Coffee sacks: collected/gifts
- Bunting banner: DIY project made from fabric scraps
- TinTin Print: gift
- Alpaca rug: gift from Peru
- Step stool: IKEA
Thanks, Lizbeth! Readers, find Lizbeth at coffee & kinfolk.