Mexican blankets are a great way to pack a punch of color and style without spending much money (many ring in under $20.) Whether draped over a sofa, the foot of a bed, used as a tablecloth or on a picnic, they make everything feel a bit more festive. Here are a few of our favorite inspiring examples of how to make the look work around the house.
1. A oversized Mexican blanket doubles as a rug in Keith and Paige's home. From Apartment Therapy house tour Keith and Paige's Scrounge and Lounge.
2. A casually draped blanket is a quick fix for an unsightly sofa and adds a serious dose of color to the room. From Apartment Therapy house tour Sophia's Rooftop View Over Paris.
3. Mexican blankets stand in for colorful tablecloths in this festive outdoor wedding. From Green Wedding Shoes.
4. A Mexican Blanket in a neutral color adds texture to a bed. From Apartment Therapy house tour Lauren & Stiles' Southwest Bohemian Homestead.
5. Draped over patio furniture a blanket brings the style outdoors. From Apartment Therapy house tour Carrie & Hal's Modern Bohemian Home.