I like to have fresh flowers nestled all around my home, but the reality and downside comes with their short lives and costly indoor upkeep. I love to have bouquets around my home all year long but it isn't really feasible through all the seasons. I have recently begun to turn paper flowers to alleviate this issue. They are pretty, fun, and long-lasting. I think paper flowers used to get a bad rap and were synonymous with 'cheesy decor' but let me tell you they have come a long way. I now enjoy having a mix of real and paper flowers in my home.
Not sold on paper flowers? Well I have put together a round-up of some beautiful paper flower inspirations and some DIY's to get you thinking.
- An oversized bouquet from the House that Lars Built.
- DIY watercolor paper flowers by 100 Layer Cake.
- A DIY Crepe Paper bouquet from Bridesmaid.
- An Anemone tutorial from Lia Griffith.
- Another DIY take on Crepe Paper flowers by Grow Creative.
- A DIY hand painted flower tree by Oh Happy Day.
- A giant paper flower DIY from Design Sponge.
- A beautiful sample of the things you can create from the book Paper to Petal.
- A sweet and lovely display from the Vamoose.
(Images: as linked above)