So, 2015 is upon us. The dawn of a new year often makes us want to re-vamp our lives— our goals, diets, careers, and especially our homes. After packing away all the holiday décor, we're after a new feeling at home, one that's fresh and uplifting.
The only problem is, in the Western hemisphere at least, it's still fairly chilly (and often much more than that) in January. How to keep your home looking fresh and feeling cozy? Read on for seven ways to get this combo right.
- This living room has the best of both worlds: light colors and greenery make it easy on the eyes, while a fluffy rug and blankets aplenty make you want to curl up here.
- Loads of cushions and a glossy white backdrop keep this dining room both bright and comfortable.
- I always think the Scandinavians do the clean-but-cozy look so well, and this Swedish apartment is no exception. The cushions help bring the latter, and the fresh greenery is key to keeping the space feel energized.
- This simple living room gets it right, with the natural textures (brick and stacked wood) perfectly set off by the white sofas and white-and-blue cushions.
- Here's how to do a mid-winter bedroom perfectly: loads of soft, fluffy and welcoming textures, all in crisp, clean white.
- But maybe you're into more color; this bedroom is everything to me right now. Lots of white plus bright colors, and heaps of cushions and blankets to sink into.
- You'll want to maximise daylight in the wintertime: long, sheer white curtains help in this room, while the bed is piled high with cozy textures.