While I was out window shopping today, I stumbled upon a shop with one hot pink wall. Normally, something like that would feel over the top but in the context it was fresh and unexpected. The wall was juxtaposed with white wood floors and modern fixtures. It can be tricky to decorate with such a statement color, one step too far and you land in Barbie's dream house.
I think these five interiors hit the note just right. Whether introducing the color through a few accessories or painting a wall, they keep the rest of the space fairly neutral, with clean lines and plenty of white space. The result is sophisticated, fresh and fun.
1. Ideas to Steal A vibrant sofa, coffee table and accessories play with a range of shades and bring a little extra glamor to the high ceilings, chandelier and ornate details in this space.
2. House Beautiful A foyer wall painted in the most vibrant of shades makes a statement the moment you step in the door.
3. Elle Décor The chaise is a dramatic touch in an otherwise neutral space, the pink books on the shelf help pull the look together.
4. Elle Décor A utilitarian office chair becomes a piece with personality when upholstered in a vibrant color.
5. Made by Girl Touches like flowers and a brightly hued book are an easy, non-committal way to play with the color.
Images: As credited above.