Gift the gift of access, no wrapping required! Here are our favorite eight subscriptions you can send with no fuss and no muss:
1. The New Yorker Digital Plan, $12/12 weeks
For some reason, I tend to flip idly through physical copies of The New Yorker, but I devour the articles online. So much quality writing.
2. Consumer Reports Online Subscription, $30/year access to this enormous database of intelligent, thorough reviews is so, so worth it.
Seriously, having unlimited access to this immense database of reviews would be invaluable.
3. New York Times Digital Only Access, $3.75+/week (99¢/1st 4 wks)
Oh, how I loathe the "You've read 9 of 10 free articles this month" pop-up window that plagues me- it would be totally luxurious to have unlimited access.
5. MLB.TV (Major League Baseball), $24/off-season subscription
For those of us who live with baseball superfans and want to survive the winter.
6. Vogue Digital-Only, $19.99/year
If you don't live in the U.S., Vogue can cost up to $70/year- that's an extra $50 that could better be spent on shoes.
7. Hulu Plus, $7.99/month
No more waiting a week to watch new episodes of Parks and Recreation!
8. Tatler Digital Subscription
To quote one of the lovely commenters on Go Fug Yourself, "It's so ridiculously awesome, what with the articles about polo matches, Hunt Balls and country houses, pictures of people named Peregrine and Tarquin drinking champagne at Zoolander themed birthday parties, and dowager countesses spilling the dirt on folks like Churchill and the Archbishop of Canterbury."
What are your go-to digital subscriptions to give?