Old ladders are easy, inexpensive finds and the possibilities for DIY storage projects are endless. Bookshelves, towel or quilt racks, plant stands, pot racks — you name it and you can come up with a clever way to turn that old ladder into virtually anything! Check out these 10 DIYs for a little inspiration and help with what to do with that old, wobbly ladder gathering dust in your basement.
1. If you're in the need of extra kitchen storage, a DIY ladder comes extra room for towels and accessories. From Scandi Home.
2. Also from Scandi Home, a different style of wooden ladder becomes a stacked shelf to store magazines and supplies in the office.
3. Inspiration aside, here's a great hack using an IKEA ladder shelf that becomes a towel rack and extra storage for the bathroom, from Hammers and High Heels.
4. A great tutorial for creating a simple, modern copper accented ladder. This one is used for extra kitchen storage, but would look good in a multitude of spaces. From Monsters Circus.
5. This gorgeous, weathered and rustic ladder turns into leaning basket storage suitable for any room. From Natalme.
6. This beautiful black and white ladder comes with a tutorial from A Merry Mishap.
7. I love this idea for clever shoe storage, especially for those Carrie Bradshaw types with a gorgeous high heel collection. Spotted on Design Sponge.
8. This ladder gets retrofitted with planks for shelves and a bright pop of color, becoming the perfect place to house your plants. From A Beautiful Mess.
9. This idea could work for those of you with ample room. It would be especially perfect as extra storage for a man cave, basement or studio. Photo from The Independent, via 2Modern.
10. Here's another great great example of a horizontally suspended ladder, but this time around it's storing plants instead of pots. From decor8.
Do you have any other crafty ideas for a DIY ladder project that we didn't include? If so, please share your ideas with us in the comment section!