We spotted this neat Before & After of a standard secretary over at ferm LIVING's Clever Spaces blog. Check out how to make the most out of an old piece of furniture after the jump. Keep in mind that everything old can be new again.
1) Sand and prime the surface of the furniture.
2) Paint the surface. In this case, a white latex paint was used.
3) Change out the knobs with ones you love. (Flea markets are a great resource for vintage knobs and drawer accessories.)
4) Measure and cut the sections you'd like to cover with wallpaper. An adhesive like 3M Hi-Strength 90 spray will help secure the paper to the wood. (Quick tip - make sure you place the pattern in the right direction)
5) Finish the project by using a finishing spray and allow the furniture piece to air dry.
[Images via ferm LIVING Clever Spaces.]
Check out more D.I.Y.'s from Apartment Therapy here: