We own half of the books on this list and would happily make room on the shelf for the other five. We love the feeling of pure potential that these kind of project based books, filled with lovely photos and comforting step by step instructions provide. Now, to just make time to actually get some sewing done....
These are the type of project books we really enjoy, ones with up-to-date fabrics, simple, modern styling and un-fussy projects. Take a look at our list and please recommend any of your favorites in the comments...thanks!
Shown above, top row, left to right:
1. Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing: Patterns and How-To for 24 Fresh and Easy Projects
2. Simple Sewing with a French Twist: An Illustrated Guide
3. Decorating Easy: Create a Simple, Comfortable Home with Pure Style
4. Joel Dewberry's Sewn Sapces: Fresh and Modern Projects for Your Life and Home
5. Rowan Living, Book 1: Thirty Projects
Shown above, bottom row, left to right:
6. Home Sweet Home: 60 Simple Sewing Ideas for Today's Domestic Diva
7. Sew-It Kit: 15 Simple and Stylish Sewing Projects for the Home
8. French General: Home Sewn: 30 Projects for Every Room in the House
9. Handmade Home: Simple Ways to Repurpose Old Materials into New Family Treasures
10. Material World: Home Decor Projects for the Fabric Obsessed
Apartment Therapy supports our readers with carefully chosen product recommendations to improve life at home. You support us through our independently chosen links, many of which earn us a commission.