Going out for New Year's Eve is fun, but so is hosting your own big shindig (bonus: you don't have to fight for a cab home). Be ready to capture the memories with your own photo booth. Everyone loves to ham it up in front of the camera and it gives your guests a great souvenir of their super fun night. Here are eight glam and glittery DIY photo booth options to try:
- Gold fringe background spotted on Art in the Find
- Silver heart background by Alanna Jones-Mann
- White & gold crepe paper fringe by 100 Layer Cakelet
- Gold sequin background by Oh Happy Day
- Gold confetti dipped balloons by Studio DIY
- Colorful & bold background spotted on HGTV
- Shades of gold fish scale background by Beautiful Matters
- Balloon and garland background featured on Free People Blog
Now, you will need some basic equipment to get semi-pro looking results. Here are my recommendations for your basic at-home photo booth set up. If you have a spare wall, you can skip the background stand.
Once you have your equipment, its time to gather some props for your guests to get silly with. Here are five free printables to help make your photo booth extra special.
FREE PRINTABLE NYE PROPS (clockwise from top left): Party Hats by Paging Super Mom, Gold Happy New Year Banner by Snap Fish, Happy New Year Bunting by The Tomcat Studio, Paper Crowns by Small for Big, Happy New Year Paddle by Uncommon Designs.
The most important element is some good friends and good times. Have a happy new year!