When it comes to Halloween, you can truly never go wrong with the classics. Black and orange decor, hand-carved jack-o-lanterns, and fall foliage are the ultimate nostalgia-inducing elements this time of year, and we're okay with that. So if you're into tradition, this project is for you. Make your own no-sew felt banner to welcome all the neighborhood witches, warlocks, and monsters for some good old fashioned trick-or-treating!
What You Need
- Large black felt sheet
- White felt
- Hot glue gun
- 12-14 inch wooden Dowel
- Right angle
- Measuring stick
1. Measure and cut your black felt to about 13 inches wide by 20 inches long.
2. Using your right angle tool (or a corner of a piece of paper or poster board) mark and cut the bottom of the banner so that it comes to a point.
3. Cut a 1 to 1.5-inch piece of white felt for each edge of the banner. These pieces will become the trim.
4. Carefully hot glue the white felt around each edge by gluing the back side first, and then folding the remaining felt around the front and gluing. You will need to hold each piece in place for 15-20 seconds to prevent the felt from separating. Trim the corners as needed to ensure each trim piece aligns nicely.
5. Add a wooden dowel to the back of the banner using hot glue. 6. Trace and cut out letters for your message, and hot glue to the banner.
Have a really great DIY project or tutorial that you want to share with others? Let us know! We love checking out what you're making these days, and learning from our readers. When you're ready, click here to submit your project and photos.