Need to corral some paper? Create a simple tiered desk organizer from the most unlikely of items: picture frames and a plastic hanger! Amy shows us how:
Skill Level: Easy
Time Required: 45 minutes
Project Cost: under $10
What You Need
- Flat tip screws
- Plastic hanger
- 2 lucite shadow box frames
- Paint (optional)
- Utility knife
1. Make the sides: Cut off a length of the end of the hanger. Flip it over onto the remaining end of your hanger and cut the exact same size off.
2. Place one end of the hanger against the outside of the larger frame and make a mark on the hanger where your holes will go. Drill a hole through the hanger on both sides.
3. Roughly center the hanger on the frame and use the holes to mark the frame for drilling. Slowly as to not crack the frame, drill your holes in the frame.
4. Place your hanger inside the frame, line up all the holes, and screw them together.
5. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for the other side.
6. Lay your frame on its back. Slip your smaller frame in between the hangers at a distance that looks good to you. Repeat Steps 3 through 5 with the smaller frame.
7. Paint and let dry.
Thanks, Amy! For more photos and info, head on over to Amy's website....
Have a really great DIY project or tutorial that you want to share with others? Let us know! We love checking out what you're making these days, and learning from our readers. When you're ready, click here to submit your project and photos.