DIY Wallpaper Alternatives
There is nothing like chilling weather to get your DIY nesting wheels turning….at least that’s what I’m telling myself as I contemplate attacking another alternative wall treatment rather than sitting down to finalize my Thanksgiving preparations. Here are a few inspirations for transforming your walls (or doors) on the cheap.
• If you missed Hello Gorgeous’s incredible Imperial Trellis wall transformation on her blog earlier this year, you’re in for a treat. This is not a project for the impatient, and you can see why when you check out her play by play.
• This is one type of sharpie-to-wall contact that gets my approval (don’t tell my kids that there’s an exception!). Rethink Design created this incredible accent wall with a DIY stencil and a gold sharpie! Check out the details on HGTV’s website. A special thanks to Jenny at Little Green Notebook for introducing us to the project!
• And of course, Jenny of LGN, has come up with her very own wallpaper alternative too…with masking tape! Inspired by an image from Southern Living, she decked out the entryway in her rental with Japanese masking tape. Check out the details on her blog.
• In my home, I’ve focused most of my decorative painting on my builder’s grade doors which needed a little facelift without a lot of money or effort. My first was my square trellis door, which I pulled out with painter’s tape, leftover wall paint, and about an hour of my time. You can check out the full instructions in this post.
• And the second door wallpaper alternative was even easier. Inspired by Orla Kiely’s stem patterns, I attacked my doors on an impulse one afternoon. This time, I relied on contact paper rather than masking tape. Check out the full instructions here.