This photo from Swedish paint company Alcro reminds us a little of our own hall. We have a line of halfway-organized shoes in our entryway. For a while, we tried to go with a closed shoe cabinet, but the open system has proven more functional for us, even if it's a little messy. If you're on the lookout for shoe storage systems, click below for 10 options from AT: 5 open, 5 closed...
Open Shoe Storage:
• Look! Apartment Therapy and Boot Tray Ideas from TimeOut
• How To: Make a Space-Saving Shoe Rack
• Look! Creative Shoe Storage
• Built-In Landing Strip and Shoe Rack
• Blogging Marie Claire Maison & Northwest Home: Shoe Storage