Dyson Vacuum Launch Party
You arrive at a beautifully done up space (in this case a huge inflated yellow bubble on 62nd Street), get met by bouncers and then charming caterers plying you with wine and small food, and then begin to check out the cool exhibit explaining how the hell the Dyson vacuum works (complicated), while everyone else stands around chatting and not paying any attention to the product.
Do all these press people know how it works?
My guess is not.
What they really want is to see the man, James Dyson.
– Dyson vacuums never stop improving
– Dyson vacuums are simply better than anything else on the market (much like Gillette is to razors)
– Dyson vacuums are the no. 1 selling vacuum in Britain
– Dyson vacuums just passed Hoover in US sales
– Dyson will continue to do so
– The Ball is extremely cool
– The Ball is so stupid smart you want to slap your forehead and say, “Why didn’t I think of that!”
– Dyson vacuums are rather expensive
– Dyson vacuums are rather big for New Yorkers (even the new canister)
– Dyson should do what Apple did and make a Mini with a mini price and just clobber the market
– Then we will buy one for our small apartment