All eyes will be on your nails when you walk into the Halloween party with this peeper-painted manicure. The detailed designs above were hand-painted by nail artist Mei Kawajiri, but even if you've never attempted anything beyond a solid coat before, our how-to video will show you how to replicate the look without even batting a lash.
What You'll Need:
- White nail polish
- Black acrylic paint, by Golden, $7 for 1 oz., from Michaels
- Fine-tipped paintbrush, from an art supply store
- Clear top coat
Optional: If you don't want to work on your natural nails, you can also create these designs on fake acrylic nails, such as the Patricia Inspire Pre-Glued Nail Set, $7.50, from Ricky's.
1. If you're using acrylic nails, attach them to your nails before painting.
2. Apply two coats of white nail polish.
3. The trick to creating intricate eye designs is to use a fine-tipped paintbrush and liquid acrylic paint, rather than nail polish. Begin by painting the basic shape of the eye, and then add on tiny lashes. Watch how our nail expert Mei painted the designs in our how-to video, above. Her pro tip: "Try making the eyes all different sizes—it's so cute!" Finish with a layer of clear top coat.
These designs were dreamed up by our nail expert Mei Kawajiri. Interested in Harry Potter, Stranger Things, or a Justin Bieber mani? Then don't miss her awesome Instagram account.
And many thanks to Spoonflower for the blue sky backdrop, which is available as wallpaper, gift wrap & fabric from Koalalady's shop.