We brought you some great photos of the downtown Austin restaurant Starlite yesterday. As promised, here are some of the easy ways in which Starlite transformed their simple and modern space into a luxurious and elegant dining experience. Try some of these tips in your own home today!
- Light is the ultimate luxury. Adding small windows in dark rooms, like these windows that overlook the first floor in Starlite, helped bring in much needed light. Incorporating them into the wall decor composition gave them visual interest! Can't add any windows? Make sure you are maximizing the light coming from the windows you do have.
- Silver, gold or mirrored furniture and accessories gives instant sparkle to a space. Paired with natural materials or more worn furnishings creates an interesting and layered design.
- Mirrors in unexpected places engage visitors to your space and create the illusion that your room is larger and more lighted.
- Use nooks and other oddly shaped areas in your home wisely and efficiently. We loved the alcove-turned-cozy-booth we found upstairs in Starlite.
- Be choosy with your frames. Picking not only the right frame for the artwork but also for the room you're designing can help modern art seem more luxurious or smaller art seem more substantial.
What are the simple, affordable and easy ways you've added little touches of elegance or luxury to your own space? Let us know!