Name: Eden Stella
Location: Bozeman, MT
Our daughter's nursery is a bright, casual space filled with items gifted or handed down from loved ones. We spent very little money on her bedroom, but we love that nearly every item in it has a story behind it.
We wanted it to feel bright, open, and playful, but we weren't overly concerned with sticking to a specific color scheme or theme. Instead, working with what we had and getting creative, we pieced together a sweet space for her to grow and play.
It includes some items which were decorations from her baby shower (the buntings, the gray pom poms, the pinwheels and mobile), some items which were repurposed (a wine crate became a shelf, a t-shirt found new life as a wall hanging), some things which were gifted to her (the sheepskin, almost all of the stuffed animals, the arrow wall hanging, a painting of her name), and quite a few hand-me-downs (the crib and changing table, the bumper pads, a well-loved teddy bear).
The most expensive thing we did to the room was renovating her closet into a combination of hanging clothes space, open shelving, and drawers. It was worth the money spent, as it maximized storage space and created a spot for toys, books and stuffed animals to live. We think this not-too-perfect space filled with items passed on by many beloved family and friends is just right for our little girl!
- Crib bumper pad: Argington Organic (handed down from a friend)
- Crib and changing table: Hand-me-downs from a friend, painted white
- Crib sheets: Target, gifted to us
- Wall shelf: Repurposed wine crate, painted white and screwed to wall
- Owl and deer figurines: Handmade by a 10-year-old friend out of a paper folding book
- Tree on wall: Handmade from washi tape
- Buntings: Made by my sister for Eden's baby shower
- Wall hangings, from top left: Van - old t-shirt embroidered on and attached to a burlap canvas from Michaels; Arrows - hand made by my sister; Bike - repurposed greeting card from World Market; Elephant and fox - free printable from indiefixx.com; "me & you" and "deer to my heart", hand made.
- "Eden" painting: hand-made gift from a friend
- Curtains: World Market
- Gray baskets in closet: Target
- Cow and pig piggy banks: Gifts
Thanks, Karen! Readers, you can see more of Karen at her blog, That Makes 2 of Us.