Death by Twitter: Laptops and Bathrooms Do Not Mix

Death by Twitter: Laptops and Bathrooms Do Not Mix

Taryn Williford
Jun 25, 2009

Another candidate for the Darwin Awards: A teenage girl in Romainia was electrocuted and died as a result of Tweeting from the bathtub. A sad story, but a good reminder to stay safe when you're playing with gadgets in your home...

The Austrian Times reports that "police said they believed Maria Barbu, 17, had tried to plug in her laptop with wet hands after the battery died during a long session on social networking site Twitter as she took a soak at her home in Brasov, central Romania."

In case you weren't aware because your momma didn't teach you; laptops, smartphones and other similar tech should not be anywhere near water, or you might risk injury to yourself or at the very least your gadgets.

Please, if you need to let every one of your followers know how great your new shower gel smells, wait until you towel off to do it.

Via Geekologie

Image from at Flickr with a Creative Commons license.

moving--truck moving--dates moving--dolly moving--house moving--cal Created with Sketch. moving--apt