Electrolux Design Lab
The annual Electrolux Design Lab competition always results in refreshing new concepts for home appliances that we wish were available today. The
2007 competition is no different. With the goal of the contest being design solutions for the home of 2020, all the finalist designs are for eco-friendly and sustainable household solutions. The winner is being announced at the International Forum on Design and the Environment in Paris today. The finalist concepts are….
- Return Pot: plastic decomposer, by Juan Ying-Hao from Cranbrook Academy of Art, U.S.A.
- Fog Shower: water-saving shower, by João Diego Schimansky from Pontificia Universidade Católica do Paraná, Brazil
- Pebble: solar food cooker by Laura Pandelle from École Boulle, France
- e-Wash: natural detergent washing machine by Levente Szabó from Moholy-Nagy University of Art & Design, Hungary
- Pure: dual kitchen sink and detergent-free compact dishwasher by Tatjana Voronova from Hochschule für Gestaltung Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany
- NatureWind: eco-solar aircleaner by Bae Won-Ho from Dong-A University, South Korea
- Circompo: automatic food composter by Thanat Tengamnuay from King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi, Thailand
- Go Fresh: energy-saving fridge with individual, honeycomb-shaped compartments by He Cheng Fei from Jiangnan University, China
Which one could you see yourself using?
Published: Nov 27, 2007