The rustic style of yore was characterized by lodge decor— heavy leather furnishings, wood paneled walls, and taxidermy in abundance. While we see certainly find elements of the by-gone cabin decor sprinkled through modern woodland schemes, the following traits seem to be the most dominant attributes of the rustic revival.
• 1 Natural, unprinted fabrics: linen, burlap, canvas, animal skins
• 2 Raw woods with limited varnishes and paints
• 3 Simple rugs made of natural materials such as jute, sea grass, sisal, or animal furs.
• 4 A balance of whites and light neutrals on the walls, window coverings, and upholstery to brighten a room full of wood.
• 5 Understated seating options (often in neutrals) with limited embellishments
What would you add?