- New Haven, CT
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love that it's compact enough that it is cozy and easy to clean, but large enough to hold all of my various collections (books, vinyl records, art, souvenirs, etc). The high ceilings ands picture frame moulding are features I've always wanted in an apartment, and I am happy to have both. Bonus: having a studio apartment that actually has a huge walk in closet - it's a dream!
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Don't follow any rules. I've read so many articles on making sure not to have "too much stuff" in small spaces...but I say that sometimes more is more. Do what makes you happy and surround yourself with things you love. Don't feel like you have to compromise, because it's your own space and you make your own rules.
2. Be smart and plan. Even though I think you can have whatever your heart desires in your small space, it's important to plan ahead. Carry a rough apartment layout and measurements with you (on your phone or wherever is most convenient) so that if you stumble upon a piece you love, you will know exactly how to fit it into your space.
3. DIY is your friend.
Apartment Therapy supports our readers with carefully chosen product recommendations to improve life at home. You support us through our independently chosen links, many of which earn us a commission.