Ever wonder how designers and paint companies come up with the palettes they use for product lines? For Parisian company Emery & Cie, inspiration can come from travel photographs or table settings, depending on the day.
The store specializes in richly colored paints, tiles, wall coverings, and textiles, as well as furniture and tableware. Colors are deep, saturated, and unique, and the product photos go way beyond your average catalog. Taken from travelogues, window designs, and real homes, these are some of the most inspirational lookbooks we've found.
For a monthly dose of color and style, we turn to the Palette of the Month feature on their website.
- February 2010: marble whites, onyx blacks, and wrought-iron grays inspired by a snowy winter
- November 2009: Pearly blue and gray inspired by stacks of glazed bowls from Vietnam
- October 2009: Deep purplish red, orange, and gold inspired by beets on a decorative plate
- September 2009: Plum-colored purple and leafy green inspired by glazed tiles and vegetables
- August 2009: Sky blue and "monsoon" gray inspired by a hot, rainy day in India and flat-roofed houses in Marrakech
Photos: Emery & Cie