- Jackson Heights, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love the L-shaped layout of my apartment. My two main living areas are separated by two hallways, so its a small journey to get from one area to the other. I feel like I can really live on one end, and relax on the other.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Don't be afraid to angle your bed into the corner! I really struggled with the feng shui of my bedroom for years - I wanted the bed to be the focal point of the room but it just never felt right positioned directly between the windows. I finally experimented with it angled into the room instead, and I love it! (The window it's blocking never lets in light, so I don't miss it.)
2. Paint an accent wall to divide one room into two. My living and dining areas are just one big rectangular room, so to visually divide the space even further I painted the dark navy accent wall in the dining area.
3. Take the cabinet doors off! Especially if you have a tiny galley kitchen like mine, it feels much more cramped maneuvering around open cabinets when trying to take things in and out. Just fill the holes left from any hardware with spackle and you'll never know there were doors there at all!