I just recently got engaged and even though our wedding is a little under a year away, I can't help but start planning. We booked our location and picked our wedding colors and now we've started thinking about invitations and save the dates — obviously we turned to Martha.
We picked up a Martha Stewart Weddings magazine at the grocery store yesterday and fell in love with one of her save the date suggestions. My fiance and I have discussed that we're certainly not traditional people and we want each part of our wedding to be as fresh and fun as possible. We can't think of a more fun save the date option than this!
To get the look:
• Download the text of the card, red squiggle and envelope liner squiggle.
• Fill in your own wedding details on the editable file you just downloaded and print on card stock.
• Print red squiggle on same side of the card stock (so it's printed over the wedding details).
• Print envelope liner, cut and glue to envelope.
• Purchase decoder lens online (or at local store).
We cannot believe how simple and easy these DIY cards are. What makes them even better is that these would be so great for any occasion. With a little edit of the "save the date" text, you can easily send these out for your annual halloween party, leaving the recipient to decode the party location.
Images: Martha Stewart Weddings