In life sometimes you gotta go big, but at home sometimes you can only go small. That's okay because we know that small=cool and in the case of kids' rooms smaller=even cooler. Over the next few weeks we'll be showing off your most beautiful and creative small kids' rooms with prizes from Oeuf! How to enter:
UPDATE: Check out the Winners of the Smaller Cooler 2011 Contest!
Kids' rooms are often the most creative, wonderful part of any home and year after year our readers prove that you don't have to sacrifice style just because your home is small OR because you are a parent. Once again, we're hunting for beautiful small kids' room in homes all around the world!
• SINGLE ROOM - one child in 75 square feet or less
• SHARED ROOM - two or more children (or parents or guests) in 100 square feet or less
• INTERNATIONAL ROOMS - all non-U.S. entries: either one child in 75 square feet OR two or more children in 100 square feet or less (not eligible for prizes)
HOW TO ENTER
Using the submission form below, send us five (5) photos of your small kids' room and tell us a bit about how your conquered your small space with creative solutions. Photo quality counts! Be sure to include a wide shot of the room as well as a few detailed shots of your favorite spots. Need tips for taking good interior shots? Find help here.
Entries sent earlier have a better chance of being posted and as added incentive, we'll send a copy of Apartment Therapy's Big Book of Small, Cool Spaces to the owners of the first ten entries we post!
• One entry per household.
• The child(ren)'s room (single or shared) must be in a home which is lived in by the contest applicant—the home can be owned, rented or sublet.
• The room can be designed by a parent, professional, weekend hobbyist or design enthusiast.
• All readers age 18 and up are invited to enter the contest and share their room.
• Employees of Apartment Therapy may not enter.
• Entries may NOT include links to other webpages or Apartment Therapy/Ohdeedoh pages. Reader comments that include links will be deleted.
• Once submitted, no contest entry may be changed, altered or enhanced.
4/29 thru 5/15 — Submit your entry (no entries will be accepted after 23:59:59PST).
5/2 thru 5/20 — Selected entries will be posted and voted upon by readers for 48 hours each.
5/23 thru 5/24 — Votes will be tallied and voting begins for five finalists in the single and shared room divisions and three finalists in the international division. Readers will have 48 hours to vote for their favorite single room, shared room and international entry.
5/25 — Winners announced!
We are thrilled to partner with Oeuf as the Smaller Cooler 2011 prize sponsor! Oeuf makes "simple, clean, intuitive products that are easy and safe to use." Their products are also modern, beautiful, eco-conscious and have long been admired on our pages.
• Two grand prize winners, the single room winner and the shared room winner, will each receive a $500 Oeuf gift certificate. Winners must provide a U.S. address to receive the prize.
• A runner-up in the single room and shared room divisions will each receive a $250 Oeuf gift certificate. Winners must provide a U.S. address to receive the prize.
• Due to legal limitations, only U.S. residents are eligible to win the gift certificates. The international winner will receive a signed copy of Apartment Therapy's Big Book of Small, Cool Spaces.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I received confirmation that you received my entry, why wasn't my entry posted?
Our system does not automatically post entries as they are submitted. We select the best entries to post. All submissions may not be posted due to space limitations, and it is up to Ohdeedoh to post the strongest submissions.
I made a mistake in my submission, how do I change my contest entry?
Please re-submit your entry.
How are winners chosen?
Winners are chosen by readers' votes. To vote, readers must be registered with Apartment Therapy (register here).
How do you handle voting fraud?
Evidence of excessive multiple votes from a single IP address will be deleted.
My room was previously featured on Apartment Therapy/Ohdeedoh — am I still eligible to enter?
Yes, readers who previously shared their rooms with the community are eligible. However, you may only enter the room in one Apartment Therapy/Ohdeedoh contest.
I've already submitted my room for consideration for an Ohdeedoh Tour or My Room post, — am I still eligible to enter?
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
If you need help or have more questions, please email email@example.com.