We're always searching for new ways to personalize the bathroom, a space which can so easily end up feeling sterile or generic. Quality handmade towels and rugs are a great way to transform your bathroom into a homey, inviting place.
Many of the handmade bath linens on Etsy are for babies and kids, but there is a small selection of interesting towel alternatives, like Turkish bath towels, French linens, and handwoven rugs and guest towels. Here are a few favorites we dug up:
• 1 These cotton towels from ottofabrics are similar to those used in Turkish baths. They are only $20, fast-drying and absorbent. The collection of soft colors is lovely, too.
• 2 TurkishBath offers its own wide selection of the cotton Turkish towels as well. Colors are neutral and versatile. $20.
• 3 LinenMe's French linen bath towels have a nice antique white tone, perfect for a farmhouse aesthetic. $24.99.
• 4 Linda High's beautiful handwoven towels would be perfect as hand towels to add to the bath during parties. $24.
• 5 Textures Gallery has a wide selection of beautiful handmade rugs in rich colors. Machine washable and reversible, the small sizes are perfect for the bath. $54 for a 2' x 3' rug.