Art & Design Events...
• October is Color Month!
• Our Fall Colors Contest is in its final throws.
Kat Burki Home Preview
• Collection including upholstery, furniture, bedding, bath, and accessories
• November 6th, 4-6pm (open to Apartment Therapy readers only!)
• Pierce Mattie Media Oasis, 62 West 45th St., 3rd floor
Thomas Hope: Regency Designer
• Exhibit of work of British designer, patron, collector, and author Thomas Hope (1769 - 1831), who helped shape and define what became known as the British Regency
• Through November 16th
• The Bard Graduate Center, 18 West 86th Street
Metropolis and DWR celebrate Arts& Architecture
• Celebrate the launch of Taschen's limited edition 10-box set, Arts & Architecture, 1945-1950: The Complete Reprint
• October 30th, 7-9pm, Refreshments served
• SoHo DWR, 110 Greene St., RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 28.
Prism Break! with Metropolis and 3form
• Join Metropolis and 3form at the exclusive product launch of C3, a sustainable series in 26 contemporary colors across three premium platforms: Pressed Glass, Varia Ecoresin, and Chroma
• October 29th. RSVP required
• 3Form's New York Showroom, 520 8th Avenue, 20th fl.
• An 11-week festival showcase of all things Japanese--part design exhibition, part bazaar, part trade fair
• Through November 1st
• Felissimo Design House, 10 West 56th Street
Living the Italian House in Soho
• View a recreation of five spaces found in Italian houses by using elements and products from 35 of the most innovative design companies in Italy, plus events and film screenings.
• Through December 20th (RSVP 212.353.1383 or RSVP9@BDEonline.biz)
• 172 Mercer Street
Max Lamb at Johnson Trading Gallery
• In his first solo exhibition, Lamb explores, celebrates and animates natural materials through a distinctly process-driven approach and anchored by skilled hand-craftmanship
• Through November 7th
• 490 Greenwich Street between Spring and Canal, 212.925.1110.
"Myth and Material" at Moroso
• An exhibition on the work of Nipa Doshi and Jonathan Levien
• Through October
• 146 Greene Street
• Designer and Japanese textile collector Elizabeth Wilson presents Asiatica's newest fall designs
• November 11th through 22nd
• AKA/Central Parkm, 42 W. 58th Street
Sticks, Stones, Bones
• Michael Reynolds, a style and design editor curates this installation culling from design from ancient times through today.
• Through November 1st
• R 20th Century Gallery, 82 Franklin Street, (bet Church & Broadway)
Metropolitan Home and Showtime Networks' Showhouse
• Famous designers will transform rooms of a Gramercy Park Greek revival town house, inspired by Showtime's lineup including Dexter™, Californication, The Tudors, Weeds, The L-Word® and United States of Tara.
• Tours run through October 26th on Saturdays and Sundays, 11am-4pm. ($25 entry fee benefits the Happy Hearts Fund charity)
• 23 Grammercy Park South, 1.323.966.4600
• Over 200 vendors of vintage furniture, clothing and antiques alongside new designs by local makers of everything from jewelry to textiles.
• Every Sunday, 10am to 5pm (rain or shine)
• Bishop Loughlin Memorial High School on Lafayette Ave. between Clermont and Vanderbilt Ave., Fort Greene, Brooklyn
ABC Home Launches Earth Day Campaign
• ABC Home is partnering with 2004 Nobel Peace Laureate Professor Wangari Maathai's Green Belt Movement on its Carbon Poverty Reduction Program. For every piece of goodwood furniture purchased at ABC Home, a tree will be planted in Kenya to replenish rapidly diminishing biodiversity.
• 888 Broadway, 212.473.3000