James Dyson Launches his new Ball Vacuum Tomorrow (Private only - open to the public Friday, Saturday & Sunday)
- We will be there with camera in tow not only to see a cool new design, but also what the Dyson PR machine has cooked up as it tries to conquer America
- Thursday, April 21
- West 62nd Street, off Columbus and Amsterdam
Groundswell: Constructing the Contemporary Landscape
- 23 landscape-design projects that reclaim and transform urban spaces—many derelict and in need of rehabilitation—into public parks and gardens.
- February 22 – May 16, 2005
- MoMA, 11 West 53rd Street (212.708.9400)
XXXL - Monumental Work by Gaetano Pesce for Fish Design
- "Revolutionary collection of bowls, vases, jewelry, mirrors and clocks, created in gently pliant, vibrantly colored techno-resins by the visionary architect, designer, and fearless social poet Gaetano Pesce."
- Through Sunday, May 8.
- Moss Gallery, 146 Greene Street (866.888.6677)
New York Eleven
- Eleven New York schools including the Pratt Institute, Fashion Institute of Technology, New York School of Interior Design, and Cornell University have contributed to this exhibition of students' interior-design work for the fields of retail, hospitality, and health care.
- April 18 - 21, 2005
- New York Design Center, 200 Lexington Ave., New York. (718) 672-0513; //www.ny11.com
- Susanne Kuhn
- New Paintings
- April 22 - May27
- Goff+Rosenthal Gallery, 537b West 23rd Street (212.675.0461)
- Hey, Hot Shot!
- A competition and ongoing series of exhibitions by emerging artists - submissions welcome
- Starts May 5
- Jen Bekman Gallery, 6 Spring Street (212.219.0166)
- 15 Paces at Smack Mellon
- Artists Kim Beck, Marina Berio (image above), George Boorujy, John Bowman, Emilie Clark + 9 others, and curated by Summer McCorkle
- Through May 15, 2005
- Smack Mellon, 56 Water Street, Dumbo, Brooklyn (718.834.8761)
Submit Design & Art Events to email@example.com