Events Calendar: March 2, 2005
- An Evening with the Eames (Circa 1950)
- Design Within Reach and Metropolis Magazine host an evening celebrating the recently reintroduced Eames Eiffel chairs and RAR rocker by Herman Miller.
- Friday, March 4, 2005, 7-9pm
- Design Within Reach Meatpacking District Studio, 408 West 14th Street, New York. (212) 242.9449.
- Apartment Therapy will be attending this event
- Petra Blaisse Lecture at Columbia
- Dutch designer Blaisse works in a multitude of creative areas, including textile, landscape and exhibition design. She founded Inside Outside in Amsterdam in 1991. Inside Outside specializes in the rare combination of both interior and exterior design, interweaving architecture and landscape. She will speak about her collaborative design experiences.
- Wednesday, March 2, 2005, 6:30-8pm
- Columbia University, Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation, Wood Auditorium, Avery Hall.
- Sacral Spaces: Modern Finnish Churches
- 12 churches constructed after World War II during an extraordinary period in which approximately 200 churches designed by prominent architects were built in Finland.
- Through 2/19
- Scandinavia House, 58 Park Ave., New York. (212) 879-9779
- Josef and Anni Albers: Designs for Living
- The Albers – of Bauhaus and Black Mountain College fame – collected textiles and furniture pair off with one another
- Through 2/27
- Cooper Hewitt National Design Museum
- Gregory Colbert at the Nomadic Museum
- “A don’t-miss exhibit this spring is Ashes and Snow, more than 200 literally amazing large-scale photographic works and an accompanying 35mm film that are the fruit of the artist’s 13-year personal and artistic odyssey..capturing extraordinary moments of contact between man and animal.” NYC
- Opens to the public March 5th
- At Pier 54 (you can’t miss it)
- William Crump – Images
- “Through an ironic brand of self-deprecating humor, Crump’s images remake our childish dreams into a more forgiving view of our present circumstances. His work is an enlightened revision of a distinctly American question: how to cross the desert between our heroes and ourselves. The answer: with beauty and humor.”
- Opening: Friday, March 4, 6-8 PM
- Exhibition: March 4 – April 3, 2005
- DAVID ALLEN ART & DESIGN GALLERY
331 Smith Street, Brooklyn
- Julia von Eichel – Paintings
- “It’s an incredible body of work”
- Opening Feb. 18, 6-8pm
- Feb. 18th-March 19th
- Michael Steinberg Fine art, 508 w 26th St. 2nd fl
Submit Design & Art Events to Events@Apartmenttherapy.com
Published: Mar 2, 2005