The thing with a rental space is that you gotta live with what you got. A utility box in a weird place, cable wiring that's been painted in place, a heater that juts out into the middle of the room, a radiator that burns you every time you lean over it to open the window. You can moan and groan or you can get creative. Here are some examples of how to make the worst feature into...well, if not the best, then at least something that you can comfortably live with.
- We love the leaves and bird that turn a painted-on-the-wall cable into something amusing instead of something irritating. Paint the wire green to really have fun with it.
- A folding screen hides a hot water heater.
- A radiator, painted white, and topped with a shelf, becomes a spot for drinks or collectibles.
- An oldie but goodie: With an "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" approach, Maxwell wrapped his hot water pipe in rope
For more ideas, check these posts!
- Round up: 7 ideas for masking the radiator
- Tips for Camouflaging thermostats, radiators and air conditioners