After seeing faux fur in a lot of catalogs and stores recently, we think this sometimes-in-vogue, sometimes-out-of-vogue trend is in, and with exuberance. Plus, with the onset of the winter cold, all we can think about are warm blankets. We rounded up inspirational rooms that use throws to convince you, options to buy and one DIY project.
• 1 We like how this throw adds texture in a fairly monochromatic room, in much the same way shag rugs do on floors. Plus, we like the way throws look at the foot of a bed. This throw is $169 at Pottery Barn.
• 2 Are you convinced yet? A faux fur throw on an otherwise crisp bed softens up this black and white room.
• 3 A faux fur throw doesn't have to be thrown about, it can be folded neatly on a sofa. This throw is $79 right now at West Elm.
• 4 Again, look how folding neatly makes such a big difference between bear's den and a glamorous bedroom.
• 5 For us, this is a great example of how there can be too much of a good thing. We like the white one though. $148 at Williams-Sonoma Home.
• 6 Faux mink throw, $58.99 at Overstock.com