A familiar sound at Christmas time: the crunch, which is shortly followed by "Mommy...I broke something", and another ornament is lost from the Christmas tree. Hurrah for the happy trend of felt! This year, there will be no low hanging, breakable, ornamental fruit! Here is just a small taste of the many new, cute, kid-proof options available around the web.
1. West Elm Market brought out some super cute dog ornaments this year, and I can barely resist the beagle: $8.00 each.
2. Land of Nod have a great range of kid-friendly Christmas decorations this year that are also wonderfully colorful. These felt candy canes are fun: $32.00 for 8.
3. Trust Anthropologie to do unbreakable with style. These Pop Dot Monograms are inspired by the art of Gijs Frieling, and are available in A all the way to Z: $8.00 each.
4. Etsy is a treasure trove of needle-felted joys, with so, so much to choose from, but seriously, who can go past needle-felted mushrooms? $30.00 for 6 from Soft Tear.
5. For those who want something a little more fancy, Bossy Feltworks on Etsy has an amazingly intricate collection of felt creations for your tree - consider them collectables for each year. This one, a flying pig, is $30.00, complete with teensy tiny braided tail and fuzzy feet.